Your shopping cart is empty
This is the Spot for Adobe Lightroom workshops in Dallas. Once you’ve made your selections, proceed to checkout and you will be taken to a secure PayPal site to enter your credit card information. You do not need a PayPal account. If you do have a PayPal account you can choose to pay with a credit card or log in to you PayPal account and use other funding methods.
Important: During checkout you’ll be asked to agree to the terms and conditions. Please be sure to read this carefully for information about cancellations and refunds. If you have any questions before you sign up, please use the contact page.
Lightroom Shoot and Edit Workshop
*Early Registration: $215/person (up to 7 days before class date)
Regular Registration: $230/person
9am to 5pm
maximum number of students is 12, minimum number to make a workshop is 6
We will meet on location and spend about 3 hours shooting photos together. Depending on weather and local events, subjects may include the Farmer’s Market, Thanksgiving Square and downtown architecture, Fair Park or another suitable location. We’ll have lunch together and then head to the studio for an afternoon of Lightroom tips, editing your own photos and a group slide show.
This is half photo workshop/half Lightroom workshop. The idea came from talking with students of the Lightroom evening classes who thought it would be great to have a chance to shoot and edit as a group and work through the whole process. Instructor Peter Poulides will work with the small group while we’re shooting in the morning. He will answer any questions, help with settings and equipment issues, and offer tips on composition, perspective, exposure and lighting. Depending on the number of people signed up, Peter may be working with an assistant who will help with explanations and make sure that everyone has plenty of one-on-one time.
After lunch, we’ll meet back at the studio and everyone will set up their laptops to begin editing. There will be a review of the import process in Lightroom and help wherever needed to get everyone’s images loaded and begin the rating and culling process.
Once you’ve selected your favorite images, maybe making some collections along the way, you’ll be encouraged to try some of the processing tools in Lightroom to make adjustments to your best photos. Depending on your skill level with Lightroom, this could include everything from cropping and exposure changes to black & white conversions, split toning, cloning and local adjustments. Near the end of the day each student will select a dozen of their best shots and they’ll be put together with everyone else’s favorites into a slide show for us all to sit back and enjoy.
What you’ll need:
- A digital camera with a full battery and empty memory card and a basic understanding of how to take pictures. Taking one of the evening classes or beginner DSLR workshop first would be helpful but not necessary.
- Any lenses or accessories you want to use
- A tripod could be handy depending on the location and what you like to shoot
- An umbrella if it looks like rain
- A laptop with the latest version of Lightroom loaded. A 30 day free trial is available from the Adobe site. You should have a basic understanding of how to get images into Lightroom and taking the Lightroom 101 and/or 102 class first can be helpful. You could also spend some time viewing a few of the many free online tutorials for getting started with Lightroom. Try Youtube, the Adobe site or Lynda.com.
What’s not included:
- Cost of lunch
- Parking (if necessary)
- Entry fees (unless covered in the description above)
An email will be sent out a couple of days before the workshop with details on where we will be meeting.