Photography Classes in Dallas
Photography is a casual hobby for some and a life-long passion for many. The advent of digital photography has brought with it almost unlimited creative possibilities. Digital cameras can be wonderful tools, but they can also be intimidating!
This is the Spot for photography classes in Dallas and you are invited to select a class or photo workshop to match your interest and skill level. These are not courses about just learning how to operate these little complex, computerized machines. Photography is about seeing, about creating beautiful and interesting images that you can appreciate for yourself and enjoy showing to others. The aim of each class is to enable you to take better photographs, to create more images you can be proud of.
Classes are held in the shooting area of a professional working studio. The instructor will have a camera linked to a computer and video projector so the class can follow along with test shots, menus, settings, editing etc. Students find this very helpful. See some of their comments on the reviews page. Equipment, lighting, sets, props and backgrounds will be set up as necessary.
- APRIL/MAY/JUNE schedule is up and classes are open for registration!
- Please check CALENDAR page for an easy way to see all upcoming classes
Your shopping cart is empty
Your shopping cart is empty
Click on a category below for details and registration
- DSLR-1, DSLR-2 and DSLR-3: These are stand-alone classes which together form a series of steps to take you from a beginner’s introduction through a fuller understanding of how to use your camera to consistently take great photos. Sponsored by Competitive Cameras.
- ADOBE LIGHTROOM 101, 102 and 103: A thorough overview of the Lightroom software. If you’re getting a little more serious about your photography you should consider Lightroom. Whether you’re just starting out or if you’ve been using Lightroom for a while, these classes will help you use the software more effectively.
- TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHY: Travel photography gives you a chance to share your experiences and to interpret the world in your own unique way. We’ll look at topics ranging from the technical challenges of gear, packing and data backup to the creative and cultural aspects of shooting people, landscapes and details.
- SHOOTING PANORAMAS: Creating beautiful panoramic images is among the most fun and satisfying techniques in digital photography. Learn to make these immersive, high resolution images with any digital camera.
FULL DAY WORKSHOPS
- BEGINNER AND INTERMEDIATE DSLR – FULL DAY WORKSHOPS: These workshops are limited to 12 students and are more hands-on that the evening DSLR classes. We will spend the day together with plenty of time for questions and help. We will also shoot with a live model and review everyone’s work.
- LIGHTROOM SHOOT & EDIT – FULL DAY WORKSHOP: This is half photo workshop/half Lightroom workshop. We will meet on location and spend the morning shooting photos together. Then we head to the studio for an afternoon of Lightroom tips, editing your own photos and a group slide show.
- INTRODUCTION TO STUDIO LIGHTING – FULL DAY WORKSHOP: This is a thorough introduction to studio lighting. Students will shoot many of the live model setups with their own cameras so they can study the photos later on for clues as to what worked and what didn’t.
- NEW! NATURAL LIGHT PORTRAITS – FULL DAY WORKSHOP: This portrait workshop is for any photographer wanting to learn to capture stunning portraits of people of any age. You’ll learn how to take your basic DSLR skills and apply them to create beautiful and stylish natural light images.
- NEW! INTRODUCTION TO DSLR VIDEO – FULL DAY WORKSHOP: Whether you’re an amateur photographer wanting to make memorable family videos or a professional still shooter looking to offer video services to your clients, you’ll come away with new knowledge, skills and an appreciation for what video can do..
INDIVIDUAL TUTORING AND SMALL GROUP INSTRUCTION
- ONE-ON-ONE AND SMALL GROUPS: We will work on exactly the techniques, equipment or issues you have with your photography. This is for beginners who are just starting out as well as for budding professionals who need help with certain aspects of their business. Times are flexible and ideal for those who can’t fit the classes or workshops into their schedule.
DESTINATION TRAVEL WORKSHOPS
Join us for 9 night, 8 day travel workshop to Greece. We’ll be shooting in Athens, Santorini and Meteora, staying in 4-star and boutique hotels with flights and private bus ground transportation included.
THE APRIL TRIP IS BEING RESCHEDULED TO OCTOBER. CHECK BACK FOR EXACT DATES.
For answers to common questions, visit the FAQ page